Friday, March 9, 2012

ANGRY FAT GIRLS

One of the things that I don’t like about Kuantan is it doesn’t has book store. Ok it has one, Popular bookstore in Berjaya Megamall, but that’s the only one. A boring one.  A ‘lack of choices’ one. A ‘no variety’ one. Pathetic right? 

I love reading, but lately I don’t really read books. Part of it is because there aren’t many choices in Kuantan. And of course, I became lazier by day. Besides, there are blogs and websites that hooked me up, so I still read, but not books. The last book that I bought is Kisah Para Nabi dan Rasul from MPH The Curve (while I was working in Selayang Hospital). Two stories book store is heaven! Sometimes I don’t even have any intention to buy book, but every time I passed by a book store, I must have the feeling to drop by. Browsing through the books, synopsis, admiring the creative and beautiful book covers (yes I love to judge a book from its cover-not literally), its endless! Tapi buku yang kite nak selalu mahal, so I end up not buying them. I should be less stingy when it comes to buying books right? Hehe. 

The last book that I read is The Firm by John Grisham (it is actually a re-read). Omg I love Grisham’s work. I started reading his novel during matriculation time. They were a lot of his books in the library. Dulu kite selalu pergi library dgn Hum and Ecah (Radio) and Kak Timah, tapi diorang study kite tidur. Lol. I have read The Pelican Brief (in two days –it is so good I can never put it down), The Testament, A time to kill, the firm, the last jury and one or two more that I have forgotten the title. 

Eh apa yang kite nak cerita sebenarnya? Hehe. MPH is having MPH Kuantan book carnival from 9 to 18 March at Zenith Hotel. Weehooo! I went there today (on the very first day, tanak kalah nokss), and spent my whole Friday lunch break there. I even skipped lunch today aha. But it is quite disappointing. The huge discount book (70%) are not organized. They are haywire and mixed. So I have to go through shelf by shelf to detect any good book. Penat tahu tak. Headache. I managed myself to find one anyway. Tadaa..
Stories of 5 women battling with weight issues -true story
Ok i lied when  I said I skipped lunch. A slice of Pandan Layer Cake from Rotiboy, Java Chips Mocha Frap, and a great book. I could live with that. :)
I flipped a few pages, scheme and scan, and grab it. It’s the last copy. 70% so I got it for only rm29. Yea great bargain. There are few more that I wanted so badly but damn I’m on saving mode (for the Jakarta trip –I hope it’s on, and Cameron Highland visit). Buku lain yang kite nak tu tak ada discount pulak tu. Haissshh kecewa betul.

But anyway, I am still happy with the Angry Fat Girls. Cant wait to start read it. Masa kite baru sampai bookfair tu tadi, Ustaz Zahazan ada, promoting his books and giving tazkirah *on other note, saya sangat suka Ustaz Zahazan*. He said that ‘sebaik-baik teman pada zaman ini adalah buku’. I bet kat library sekolah semua orang ada mural tulis ‘Membaca Jambatan Ilmu’, right? Lets make reading a habit peeps! Lets build a lot of knowledge bridges, jangan nak bina masjid je. Hihihi. 

p/s I begged u MPH, pls open an outlet here. Pleaseeee….

No comments:

Post a Comment